Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Opposing Hands Golfswing by Diz/MH

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62919

• wheatshock
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 88
J.Franks, yeah, the Norman move. I understand it now. You know who got me thinking about that was Patrick Cantly, the amateur playing in the finals of the US Amateur on TV. It was on a dry course, and one swing his right foot shot back just at impact, just straight back, not back down the target line. He had slipped somehow, but how did his foot slip straight back, away from the target line 90*? I thought about that, then I started trying that move, you push your right foot back (pressure, not actually move) , and at the same time, push your left forward, both 90* to the target line. What happens is your hips want to open, you left foot goes forward, left hip goes back, right foot back, right hip forward. I was messing around with that all winter on the mats hittng balls, but it came to nothing, now its resurfaced as something I'm thinking about, and trying to encorporate. Norman's foot goes back and inside, and his right hip is going around. I think his left foot is pressuring forward at the same time, but his weight and spikes prevent movement. Norman doesn't clear his hips much compared to others, above my pay grade to analyze that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62920

• wheatshock
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 88
dup
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by wheatshock.

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62924

• Just hacking
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 129
Very very demanding day today.l stuck to the shovel to the end.,..demanding golf course is a hard place to take a new golf swing you just aren't confident in yet. No matter how hard I fight it, I want to flip like crazy.. My grip is a issue now,,IMO..

Played the green tees at Whit Hawk CC...even though back tee par 4's were 450 plus...I had more than I could handle with 315 or so par 4's. very very demanding greens, narrow..sand and deep rough. Took off my shoes and looked like I was at the beach all day

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62929

• Diz
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 133

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62930

• Just hacking
  • Platinum Boarder
This was the 4th hole..I tried to hold up this swing for 18...lost confidence after 11 holes..not going to give up. A much different than the range, and very hard to take this to one of the tougher courses in the state

A no hands swing..and it is my grip..was like a battle of wills not to flip..

This was a diz course for real..insanely hard ...I would have shot huge off of the back,, may have never finished if I played the big boy tees

Good day though
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by Just hacking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diz

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62931

• markponi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 139
Dizanator wrote:

When you posted to youtube I got excited that the famous Diz was about to post his driver swing. My disappointment was overwhelming when I saw a video of a bland, residential golf hole with sound that is inaudible (without ear phones).

You tease you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Just hacking

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62932

• Diz
  • Platinum Boarder
got more coming mark:) just for ur pleasure

diz

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62933

• markponi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Mystery Man wrote:
This is unedited video from today, this older gentleman thought I needed help. Everyone thinks I'm a hack of hacks..maybe it is the hat/ socks/ shoes..not sure..or maybe just the damn swing. I was out doing my thing..learning anti flip and turn away..and he was going to give me a helping hand. Weird, I always hit the ball very straight and on the club face,,like I'm the poster boy for "help"

Oh well..good day,.and I'm trying. And I told him thank you and asked him to play 9 holes this Friday with me and help with my hack tendencies,,

Chris, a benefit to this drill is something I would love for you to get. By start the swing from the left arm parrallel position, you are actually practicing some of the fundamentals that Dan C and Monte have tried to get you to do. You have to work your left arm higher faster. Because you preset your left arm higher across your chest, you've already achieved a great position! That's why you are easily coming from the inside like crazy! I'm excited for you. Next step would be extending the left shoulder down as the left arm goes up (rather than lifting the left arm). That will get your pivot and arm swing working properly and you'll be dropping to the inside in no time.

I'm not exaggerating at all. I'm really happy you are doing this drill. The hardest part for guys like you and me is sequencing the takeaway. Usually we turn too much and not tilt and crash our arms into our body on the backswing. This 'preset' helps with what position your arm should be at that point in the swing. Keep at it! Good job!

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62934

• markponi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Dizanator wrote:
got more coming mark:) just for ur pleasure

diz

Hahahaha, nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good stuff diz :)

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62935

• markponi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
MM, you murdered the ball at the 2:36 mark. Very very nice!

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62936

• Diz
  • Platinum Boarder
Its strange wearing this head cam LMAO, but heres a nice par on our hardest hole ... shot two over today and haven't played in weeks , must be the anti flip move I have ;)

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62938

• Jim Pruitt
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 134
Dizanator wrote:
Its strange wearing this head cam LMAO, but heres a nice par on our hardest hole ... shot two over today and haven't played in weeks , must be the anti flip move I have ;)

I need some dramamine to watch that..... :sick:

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62941

• moehogan
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 215
Dizanator wrote:

Where in the hell did you come up with that head cam? ROFL.

Nice putt, pards!

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62944

• Diz
  • Platinum Boarder
I got more video coming MH with diz jr ,LMAO ... shovel ,turnaway with opposing hands :woohoo:

Diz

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62947

• vinny
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 140
Diz camera on the head? need a selfie...lol. gaming it nicely.
Chris looking real good..remove the negatives from the thought process like flip, and just meditate on what you want to do.
BEFORE
hightrighthip.jpg

AFTER

c1_2013-09-05.jpg

striking it so much better.
and here you look better, hands are over your shoulder and not behind and your elbow is in front of you, you cant get stuck from here....nice

c.jpg
Last Edit: 11 months 2 weeks ago by vinny.

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62948

• Diz
  • Platinum Boarder
Thata Boy CP! The shovel and turnaway is working bro... :)

Diz

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62949

• Diz
  • Platinum Boarder
Tight little draw 10 feet from 179yd with the Shovel and Turnaway Move...

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62951

• Diz
  • Platinum Boarder
Driver 9 iron to the 467yd par 4 .....

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62952

• Just hacking
  • Platinum Boarder
Dizanator wrote:
Driver 9 iron to the 467yd par 4 .....

9 iron 2nd shot on 467 yrd par 4 ? Holy crap... :)

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62955

• Just hacking
  • Platinum Boarder
This might sound bizarre,,but after playing the super up tees I had a revelation.. If I can control the flight of the ball and hit 240 to250 everytime. This game would be a piece of cake..I know shallow is what everyone seeks. But if I can perfect a good impact and post impact position, I would almost guarantee good golf...for the rest of my career. Mostly "post". I was practicing having right elbow in front of my right pocket, than allowing the turn to square it on the 50 to 60 yard shots. When elbow gets stuck behind, it is flip city or fat city for me. This swing feels like a bunt type of a swing, but if keep on improving with the turn away.. Those bunts will turn into line drives by having more shaft lean..with the same club head speed. My irons were so erratic ..I would hit a 9 iron 125 one hole..than blast it 20 yrds over the green on the next.. Great learning day though,,never knew the punch swing could really motivate me to do this again tomorrow..and the day after

I'm having a great time, but controlling that post flip is super tough now..and adding the turn away. Eventually the face has to turn over, but what would be the goal. Have the face feel like it points target ward until shoulder height follow thru?

Would've loved to play that course again from at least the men's tees..maybe next year,,

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62956

• Just hacking
  • Platinum Boarder
Your right vinny

Better..I'm happy,,just will take time

image_2013-09-05.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: moehogan

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62958

• markponi
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Mystery Man wrote:
This might sound bizarre,,but after playing the super up tees I had a revelation.. If I can control the flight of the ball and hit 240 to250 everytime. This game would be a piece of cake..I know shallow is what everyone seeks. But if I can perfect a good impact and post impact position, I would almost guarantee good golf...for the rest of my career. Mostly "post". I was practicing having right elbow in front of my right pocket, than allowing the turn to square it on the 50 to 60 yard shots. When elbow gets stuck behind, it is flip city or fat city for me. This swing feels like a bunt type of a swing, but if keep on improving with the turn away.. Those bunts will turn into line drives by having more shaft lean..with the same club head speed. My irons were so erratic ..I would hit a 9 iron 125 one hole..than blast it 20 yrds over the green on the next.. Great learning day though,,never knew the punch swing could really motivate me to do this again tomorrow..and the day after

I'm having a great time, but controlling that post flip is super tough now..and adding the turn away. Eventually the face has to turn over, but what would be the goal. Have the face feel like it points target ward until shoulder height follow thru?

Would've loved to play that course again from at least the men's tees..maybe next year,,

Getting of the tee is by far the most important thing for most amateurs (I'd say folks with handicaps greater than 4).

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62959

• Diz
  • Platinum Boarder
That's a huge improvement CP :) .....
Diz

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62963

• Just hacking
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks man,,

Here is a driver and utility wood.. Just trying to keep this simple.. I always get caught up in the moment..and get ahead of myself

Shovel,TurnAway and Opposing Hands ...Diz 11 months 2 weeks ago #62965

• Just hacking
  • Platinum Boarder
@mark

I agree..tee shot my be the most Important shot of the course.. Would be so cool to learn how to work the ball both ways..I really don't have a "go to ball flight". I was just aiming down the middle..or eliminate the pin and aim for the center of the green..amateur golf I guess..or just implications of hitting too many range balls in my life..or over thinking..

Never know ..but we both keep on trying..that is the main thing
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds