Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Taylormade R-11 Driver

Taylormade R-11 Driver 2 years 6 months ago #29186

taylormade-r11-driver.jpg

What are your thoughts on the Taylormade R11 Drivers?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Taylormade R-11 Driver 2 years 6 months ago #29664

• moegolf.net
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I was testing the R-11 S and the Rocketballz drivers and fairway woods in February using the launch monitor and my existing clubs as a match. For my swing speed the Rocketballz outperformed the R-11 S. I verified this with my club fitting guy who is one of the tops in our area and ended up with three Rocketballz clubs. It is all about proper match of clubhead, shaft, and settings for your particular swing.

If you want to read my review on these clubs check this link to my golf website moegolf.net/2012/03/09/rocketballz-reality/

Moe Dweck
moegolf.net

Re: Taylormade R-11 Driver 2 years 6 months ago #29747

I have an R11 TP with a madrix HD6 xflex shaft. When i was trying out drivers last year this baby gave me great numbers. 12.3* launch 2800 rpm backspin and about a 285ish carry. However, I would NOT recommend the r11. After getting it and using it for a little while, i really started disliking the aesthetics. Feels like im hitting a rock, sounds bad and i dont care for the white. That being said, the club performs well, its just not for me. Im back to a more traditional driver in the 910. much better looks, sound, feel, etc. Not quite as long but more workable and lower spin.

Re: Taylormade R-11 Driver 2 years 6 months ago #30139

• Trevor Mellish
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Great Driver. I bought one used with a Motore F1 low launch. X tipped shaft. I set it up as open as i could get it, switched the toe weights. Boom straightest driver Ive ever hit. It either draws slightly or goes straight. :)

Its the first adjustable driver I've owned and I like it.

Trevor :)

Re: Taylormade R-11 Driver 2 years 5 months ago #31583

I demo'd the R11 as well as the Burner 2.0 driver last year. I used to play a lot, but have been a two-to-three times a year guy for the past 10 years. For a mid to high handicapper, I felt the Burner was better on mis-hits and I was able to hit it more consistently. I actually bought the Burner and as I'm starting to play more again, am happy with it so far. That being said, even with my inconsistency, I hit some great drives with the R11 and am quite sure that if I'd taken the time to have it set up for me, could have been very happy with it as well. I LOVE the white, but that's a polarizing topic and just depends on personal preference.

Re: Taylormade R-11 Driver 1 year 7 months ago #49939

I'd like to add a little weight to the head of my R11 driver. If this can be accomplished with lead tape, my question is: where do I place the tape?

Re: Taylormade R-11 Driver 1 year 4 months ago #56645

• Jeff Sutton
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Mike Flaig wrote:
I'd like to add a little weight to the head of my R11 driver. If this can be accomplished with lead tape, my question is: where do I place the tape?

I would think it would be an easier fix to change out the weights already in the head to heavier ones than add lead tape.

Re: Taylormade R-11 Driver 1 year 4 months ago #56833

• Jim Franks
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 183
Mine split on the toe. Less than a year old but got pretty heavy use.

Taylormade is sending an R1 as a free warranty replacement. ( to my surprise!)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds